The fact is that everyone wants to be associated with the UN in some way, whether it be through their careers or their programs. If you share the same dream, the United Nations is prepared to make it a reality through this opportunity. Fasten your seatbelts as we begin the application processing for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023. When a chance like this is announced, people rush to submit applications since it is so highly sought after.
Details about the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023
The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship application period is now open after the announcement of the call for applications. The deadline is quickly approaching, so if you’re interested in submitting an application, act quickly.
Government officials and other mid-level professionals who are from developing states are hired under this fellowship program provided by the United Nations. In addition to receiving appropriate degrees like marine science, these chosen individuals also receive advanced instruction in ocean affairs and maritime law.
The United Nations Fellowship will provide the fellows the chance to plan their own independent research projects under the guidance of academics. Then students will write a thesis on the subject they decide.
Once the fellowship is complete, the fellows should return to their homelands (countries). They should use their comprehensive knowledge and extended experience to provide assistance in formulating in depth ocean policy and in implementing the legal regime set out in the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea and relevant instruments including through implementing, designing and evaluating particular improvement projects. The applicants may visit here to find further details about Fellowship Objectives. They can also find the List of the Host Institutions.
Structure, Deliverable and Curriculum of Fellowship
Let’s now find out details on the structure, curriculum and deliverable of the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 program.
This is a 9 months fellowship program which consists of two consecutive phases that endow the fellows with advanced and customized opportunities of research and training in their chosen fields:
Phase One: This will be a 3-month research and training session that is often undertaken between the months of March/April and June at DOALOS at the headquarters of the United Nations in New York.
Phase Two: This will be a session of 6-month advanced Academic Research and Study that is often undertaken between the months of July and December at one of the highly notable host institutions (participating in this program) and under the expert guidance of the subject experts who have excelled and recognized comprehensive skills in the fellow’s selected field of study.
- As for the deliverable of the fellowship program, they consist of:
- A research presentation
- A written thesis consisting of 100 pages
- An ocean governance matrix
Additionally, numerous other assignments will be completed as well in the context of the curriculum of training delivered during the time of phase one of this fellowship program.
The applicants are also required to get more details about the program curriculum by visiting this page. And they must also check out the details of the program requirements by visiting this page.
Eligibility Criteria and Application Process
- The applicants should be in the age group of 25 and 40.
- They must have completed their first university degree successfully, and they also need to show their capacity to do an independent advanced academic research and study.
- The applicants must be mid-level professionals working for a developing country’s national government agency, or for another state’s non-governmental or governmental organisation that directly addresses ocean issues. Their professional position must enable them to directly support their country in the formulation and/or execution of the relevant policy (area). Marine sciences and science-policy nexus are included in this. Remember that a government official or other official with the authority to certify your work nature with respect to the government’s ocean affairs and related activities must complete your nomination and recommendation form. The official should also indicate how the award will directly contribute to.
- The applicants’ proposed study program and research have to contribute directly to their nation’s formulation and or implementation of ocean affairs and policies of the law of the sea and programs and
- The applicants have to be free of all non-fellowship obligations during the whole period of fellowship unless otherwise it is authorized by the division.
As for the fellowship conditions, the UNNF Fellowship offers travel, stipend payments, medical clearance, visas, insurance and housing. For complete financial benefits, click here.
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for applications is 14th September 2022.
How to Apply for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023
The application process is easy and online. First read all details on the official website,then you need to follow the instructions for application submission on the application portal, and submit the applications accordingly.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
|Apply for the University of Manchester Equity and Masters Scholarships 2022|