The University of Manchester is without a doubt one of the greatest universities in the UK, and it also has a respectable place among students around the globe. The institution now provides students scholarship possibilities so they can pursue further education in the UK and receive assistance with their studies. You should start working on your application for the University of Manchester Equity and Masters Scholarships, which are available to overseas students for their Master level studies, if studying in the UK has always been your ambition.
Now let’s find more about the postgraduate scholarships for international students offered by the University of Manchester. The institution offers merit and equity scholarships to deserving students who excel in the classroom and have the capacity to significantly progress sustainable development in their native countries.
These scholarships are given to students who would be unable to continue their education in Manchester without financial assistance. The university provides two different kinds of scholarships, namely:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one-year duration)
- Part-time, distance learning master’s (3 to 5 years duration)
University of Manchester
Deadline for Applications:
31st August 2022
About the University of Manchester
- Only the resident citizens of Malawi, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and Zimbabwe are eligible to apply.
- They have not studied earlier outside of Africa (training of 6 months or less does not count).
- They need to possess minimum of two years of professional experience relevant to their chosen field of study (note that this does not include voluntary work or unpaid internships).
- The candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and have graduated before September 2021. The degree will be with an overall excellent grade.
- Since the scholarships are exceptional students, and this means that the applicants should be in the top 10% of their class.
- The candidates should be committed to returning to their countries and have to be able to show the potential to register a positive impact on the future of their country.
- They have to possess an idea of how studying at the University of Manchester will benefit both their career and the wider community.
Financial Benefits for Manchester University Scholarships for International Students 2023
Required English Requirements
Although the institution allows you to submit your applications without IELTS or TOEFL test results because English language fluency is a requirement, However, an approved English test will be required of those who have been selected for an interview.
Keep in mind that each Master’s course has its own English proficiency requirements, so you are
If you want to be considered for the scholarship, you will typically need to have a minimum IELTS test score of 6.5 (with no sub-test score lower than 5.5) or a minimum TOEFL test score of 90 (with no sub-test score lower than 22). The university does not recognize English language competency certificates from students’ universities and does not give any exemptions from English language exams.
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for applications is 31st August 2022.
How to Apply for University of Manchester Equity and Masters Scholarships
Since 1st August 2022, the application period is open and the applications are now being accepted. It will continue being accepted till 31st August 2022 for September 2023 intake. If you want to read all details at official website, click here.
USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program (Funded Opportunity)2023-24
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.